Thursday, December 9, 2010

Something I Thought I'd Never Have...

...is school spirit. Seriously.

A lot of people know that I did NOT want to go to the high school where I am now, JC. In fact, I was forced to because my parents (a.) didn't want me going to a school that was an hour away and (b.) the tuition of said school was twice as much as JC's is.

But now, I'm really glad that I did go to JC. For one thing, seeing the amount of homework and stress and the severe lack of time that I had during field hockey season and that I will have during the musical, I can't imagine that with an hour of travel time each way. I think I would be a zombie, by now, and I certainly would not have as good grades as I do at JC.

The biggest reason though is that I wouldn't have met all the amazing people that I've met here. I'm sure that I would have met some great friends, but by some miracle, my friends from my old school and I found a perfect group of friends at JC. I also probably would have drifted away from some of my closest friends from my old school who went to JC.

So right now, I'm really happy that my parents forced me to go to this school. Even though it's not perfect by any means, has a terrible reputation, and some of my classes are downright obnoxious, I'm happy there. I'm almost proud to go there, even though it's seen as the school for kids who failed out of school, but have enough money for their parents to send them to a stuck-up private school. Whatever. They obviously haven't met me and my friends, cuz we're awesome. Just saying.

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment