Monday, November 29, 2010

Epiphanies in a Florida Swamp

OKEFENOKEE, MY FRIENDS, OKEFENOKEE. I think that swamp is officially one of my favorite places one Earth. Actually, it was probably Ocala, but it was all in the same trip, soo...

Anyway, before I start raving about this fabulous trip and all the friends I made too much [which will definitely be in a later post], I need to share my Floridian epiphany just so that I don't remember them just as much as for the sake of getting them out there. I had a lot of little epiphanies that I've already kind of forgotten, but I have one major one that I am determined to stick to, even though its already getting hard.

My Epiphany/ Goal:
I will be more impulsive. I will stop thinking about all the things that COULD happen and take a few chances for once in my life. If I don't, I feel like my life is just going to be kind of pointless. Yeah, I'm sure that I'll have plenty of amazing experiences anyway, but it just won't be...exciting. 

When did I decide that I would do this? When we were at Salt Springs, Florida. We had just finished snorkeling and had gone to see the huge spring head. There were a bunch of people swimming and we went up on the diving ledge for a picture. One of the girls said, "Wouldn't it be awesome to jump?" The other two girls were in right away. I was like, "Uh, I don't think so.." and I was thinking about all the consequences that could happen when I thought to myself: No. When else are you going to get this chance? Take it. Stop thinking and just JUMP IN.

Two of the girls jumped in and then I jumped in with another freshman. It was fantastic. The guys all ran back to see if it was okay and then three of them jumped in with us. Yeah, I could have gone back with them, but taking the chance made it ten times better. That day was by far one of the best, and a lot of it was because I just felt good about myself. That was when I really decided that I would do this more often. Now, I might need a little help, but I am determined to stick to this.

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment